Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Quiet Moment at Home to Relax and Reflect

I'm home this morning so that I can catch up on laundry and computer work...it is nice to get some alone time. We've been at the house so much lately and I realized that I needed to balance it out with some quiet time at home. Eric took the kids to school for me this morning and then went surfing which was great for both of us. The kids didn't do well with the change of routine, but kids are resilient...they will get over it.

I know myself well enough to know that I need this time away from "Peggy Central", but it is difficult to pull myself away from the house. I have this feeling like I don't want to miss anything! It has been so amazing everyday at Peggy's. We have had so many wonderful visitors, great conversations, lots of laughter, lots of healing tears. It is such a special time...I have been journaling and taking photos furiously because I feel like I don't want to forget a second of it.

Yesterday's meeting at the house was wonderful. Clarence, Dr. Faran, and about a dozen of us met in the living room. The feedback that I have been hearing is that it is "just what people needed".

Peggy's brother John left last night. Today, her sister Camille, brother Matt & his wife Marlene, and her nephew Damon all arrive. Her brother JP arrives tomorrow. We also just got the wonderful news that Peggy's daughter Leslie and her new baby "Hanalei" will be coming on Saturday.

We are getting excited for Sunday's early Thanksgiving. We have at least 100 RSVPs! My mom has been doing an amazing job of managing all the RSVPs and potluck contributions. If you haven't RSVPed yet - you better do it! You don't want to tick off my mom!

Our friend Jeff (and a set up crew my mom arranged) will be setting up the tent and tables outside on Sunday morning. I also asked Jeff to set up a bouncy castle for the kids. Thought they could use some fun! We also ordered a bed from Hawaiian Islands Medical so that Peggy can be in her bed under the tent which is way more comfortable than her wheelchair...we did this for her Enchanted Forest Birthday Women's Party last year and it worked great. The bed was delivered today...we decided to rent it for a week since there have been numerous slumber party requests!

I had the idea that I'd like to create a roster of all the Peg's Legs and make copies for everyone...we may try to collect current numbers, addresses, etc. from people on Sunday. That way everyone can always keep in touch with each other...

It is so hard to capture everything that has been going on. I have been meaning to share that last Friday, Catholic Bishop Larry Silva came and gave Peggy her last rites, also known as anointing of the sick. I know that this was a great comfort to many of her Catholic friends and family members.

I think I'll let our latest photos tell the rest of the story...enjoy them here Peg's Legs on Shutterfly

No comments: