Saturday, November 15, 2008

Another Quiet Moment...

I'm home tonight after a big day at the Hanahauoli Ohana Fun Fest. It was Indy's school's fair and I worked the Pony Rides this morning. Eric and the kids met me there along with Camille and Silas, Matt & Marlene Richard, Jason, the girls, and Damon. Silas, Indy, and Sawyer all rode ponies. The kids all got face painting and spray painted hair. It was a fun way to spend the day. The kids came home for a big nap and I popped over to Peggy's just for a bit and saw a few of today's visitors.

This afternoon Eric went to go pick up Peggy's daughter Leslie and baby Hanalei. He took them over to Peggy's house to meet the family. I got a phone report from Hanna that it was going great. I'm at home tonight recharging. My mom and dad came over to hang out and help me with the kids and our house. I wanted to get the kids bathed and to bed early since they have been having a lot of late nights and tomorrow is a BIG day.

I have uploaded more photos from the past couple of days. We've had so many visitors and so much going on, I think I will let the photos tell most of the story, but I'll briefly describe some of the highlights...

Thursday afternoon the art therapist from Hospice came by and did a hand-cast of Peggy's hand and also of Indy holding Peggy's hand. She left us with the finished sculptures...really cool...

You'll see in the photos that we have more Richards in town...and Damon too (Jason's brother). Thursday night Linda Imai dropped off a delicious lasagna (and salad and bread too) that we all devoured! It was so good! Thanks Linda! That night we also had a visit from Kapono who came and did lomi lomi massage for Peggy.

Yesterday was a BIG day at Peggy's. Lots of visitors, but of course the highlight was the visit from 36 Holy Trinity Students (and a bunch of chaperones). They came by trolley to Alika Avenue and set up their band equiptment in the living room. The band played a few numbers and then all 36 kids piled into Peggy's room and sang to her. They did a bunch of songs like, "You Lift Me Up" and "Time of Your Life". They also read poems to her and letters that they had written. They are such amazing kids...it was so wonderful to view this experience through their young eyes. Thank you to Shelly for setting this up...what a gift for Peggy...and also for the children.

Last night we ordered in Greek food and hung out at Peggy's. The Lewis family arrived yesterday and also JP Richard. The kids all had fun playing with the Polly Pockets that they got from Jett Lewis. We also enjoyed a few precious moments around sunset time playing with the neighbor's 2 ENORMOUS English Mastifs (big dogs).

Looking forward to tomorrow's Early Thanksgiving. I'm glad I'm getting a bit of downtime before all the fun. We have over 130 RSVPs and you know there will be even more than that! That's a Peggy party for ya! She's gonna LOVE it!

See the latest photos here Peg's Legs on Shutterfly

No comments: