Tuesday, November 18, 2008

More Photos to Share

Our Early Thanksgiving was fabulous! We had over 200 guests! It was the quintessential Peggy party! Just what she wanted! We had so much wonderful food and the party lasted so long (many of us slept over!) that we hardly had any leftovers (except some turkey bones that Elroy made into "jook" (Chinese-style turkey rice soup).

I will let the photos of the party speak for themselves...but some of the highlights of the day include Richard Hardy's blessing, Elroy's speech, Eric's sweet words of thanks to me, Jim Franklin singing "Coincidence", Melody and Dale's musical entertainment, the evening arrival of Karen's alter-ego "Kalena", penguin suit fun, some late night entertainment from Puamana, and so much more!

We spent most of yesterday cleaning up and recovering after the party. Then in the afternoon Peggy's "bath wish" came true! Peggy hasn't been able to take a real bath since she went on the trach in 2003 so this was on Peggy's "bucket list" that she and Marvel were working on...originally we had planned to do this outside, but it was stormy, so we brought the inflatable pool in the living room!

The guys filled it with a hose they connected to the kitchen sink. We put lots of bubbles and hoyered her into the pool. Marvel managed the hoyer, Sonia (who had just walked into all the craziness right at the right moment!) ambu-bagged Peggy so that we could disconnect her from the electric ventilator, Jason sat in the pool to support Peggy, and Jen got in to help too. Later Shelly jumped in too with all her clothes on!

We could tell that Peggy loved it. As Marvel said, she kept giving everyone those eyes that say, "Thank you. Thank you." We asked Peggy a couple times if she was ready to get out and she kept saying NO!

Check out photos from both the Early Thanksgiving and Peggy's Pool Bath here Peg's Legs on Shutterfly

This morning is relatively quiet. I have a few moments to sit in the office and catch up with work. My inbox is overflowing, my office mail box is overflowing, and I'm falling behind in all my office work. I know that this is to be expected, but I'm so uncomfortable being so behind and unorganized.

I do feel good that I was able finally able to pry the kids out of here yesterday afternoon (we had all slept over after the party and I took them out of school yesterday since Indy was exhausted and Sawyer has had a fever). So I got to take them home, feed them a healthy dinner, give them a good bath, got them to brush their teeth extra good, I clipped their nails, and even gave Maka a bath! Then we all went to bed at 7pm! It was such a relief for me to get them taken care of and it was so good to get a good night's sleep.

I dropped Indy off at school this morning, but Sawyer still had a fever last night, so I left him with Eric and Damon (who slept over at our house last night). Eric is at home getting some work done and Damon is hanging out with Sawyer...what a relief for me to be able to get some stuff done here without the kids around.

So, as I was saying...things are quieting down a bit, which is a very good thing. Karen says that today is Peggy's Christmas Eve...so we're all wearing antlers and santa hats and playing Christmas music...we'll continue to keep everyone posted...

No comments: