Thursday, July 17, 2008

Playin' Hookey!

OK, I have to say, I know intellectually that I deserve some time off. I know that taking Indy out of school this week to spend time with her mainland cousins who are here only until Sunday is more important than making her miss out so I can attack my never-ending to-do list. I know that it is Summer and I should just HAVE FUN! But I have to say - I do feel so guilty for not being at work! I really need to work on that.

I am having so much fun spending time with my family, but I am really struggling with these feelings of guilt and this overwhelming anxiety that my work is piling up and I'm getting so behind that I'll never catch up! I also feel very out of touch - I know that not being around Peggy's house for a few days means missing SO MUCH! No one is there blogging to update me and keep me in the loop! (Although, everyone does such a great job of leaving me notes to keep me up to speed - thanks guys!)

So, this is my issue and I'm working on it. I share this with everyone just in case there are other caregivers/women/humans out there who are wrestling with the same issue...if you're out there - I feel your pain! So let's enjoy the summer - guilt-free! We deserve it! Our to do lists will still be there when we get back from the beach and the world will keep spinning even if we step off for a minute to recharge...

And Peggy, Peg's Legs, and Karen - Thanks for picking up my slack while I play hookey! I love you guys and sure appreciate your support and encouragement while I take some time for myself!

So last night my cousin Katie (she's 6) slept over here. She is staying with us for the next few nights since she and Indy just love each other and have the best time playing. Indy is having the time of her life! Today we are going to a pool party/BBQ at my Aunt Suzy's house all afternoon.

And today is the first day of our deck construction - it is finally beginning! We are adding a deck onto our house in Kalihi and so the "micro-pile" guys are here to start digging in the back yard to prep the ground for the foundation work for the deck! Exciting! And the kids get to watch them work out the window this morning!

Here are a few photos of our fun...First - my family taking over Hanauma Bay! Then all of us post-beach at Kona Brewing Company. Then, Sawyer and Indy with all the little cousins!



No comments: