Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy Monday!

Hope everyone had a restful 4th of July weekend...Pretty mellow day over here at Peggy's. It is very hot and muggy. Sawyer is a total crab today. He's been fighting a little cold that he got from Indy over the weekend and is just not himself today.

We met with a couple today, the husband has ALS. They are friends of Betsy's. We shared what we could about Peggy's ALS journey. Sharing information with other PALS is so important to us. Peggy has always believed in this. She loves to share information. I have always loved that about her!

I spoke with Ty's office and Peggy's eye surgery has been scheduled for the end of the month - last week in July. More on this as we get closer and plans are finalized.

I am working hard this week to get as much work done as I can since we have a weekend in Maui planned! We're going by SuperFerry! We are so excited to take a little vacation! Hooray! And this month we have family coming in from the mainland...they are going to be here for a few weeks.

I'm hoping to take some time off here and there this month. My plan is to take it easy (as well as I know how) since August is a CRAZY month for us! Of course, we have the Haleiwa Arts Festival this month (July 19th and 20th), but that's nothing compared to next month which is a little NUTS! Here's what we have going on in August:

First Friday at Kim Taylor Reece Gallery with Peggy as the featured artist 8/1
Peggy's Dad's birthday on 8/6
Elroy's birthday on 8/7
Another event at Kim Taylor Reece Gallery on 8/8
Made in Hawaii Festival 8/15-8/17
My mom's bday 8/19
Eric starts coaching ILH kayaking at Iolani 8/19
Art for ALS Fundraiser on Third Thursday 8/21
Art for ALS Friday night dinner 8/22
Sawyer's Bday on 8/25
Hanahauoli orientation stuff and Indy's first day on 8/28 (she's out of school all month until her first day!)
Sawyer starts preschool on 9/2 (day after Labor Day)

Holy cow!!! Now you can see why I'm trying to take it a little easy this month...I have to conserve my energy!

OK - I'm off to pick up Indy from school!

No comments: