Thursday, October 4, 2007

Peggy's Overnight Care Tips

Here are a few tips that Peggy wrote up regarding her overnight care...This mostly applies to her care from 10pm to 10am, but the rest of you might find it interesting/informative as well:


There is a new chart specifically for my care. However, I cannot read the chart, so please read every line in each block I am looking at.

Eye care - At night, when we put the bubble over my eye, the bubble must be taped to face securely so that air doesn’t escape. The bubble must be full enough to not hit the eye. Cover NO MORE than half of the un-patched eye with the little black cloth.

At night, make sure that you have set up the white foam cardboard that blocks the TV (we keep it behind the bed) – this blocks the TV so that I can sleep when you are watching

I like to use a mask when I sleep to cover my mouth to keep the inside my mouth from drying up. If I seem to be in a deep daze it is not because I am sleeping, it is because I am having trouble with my eyes. Please don’t hesitate to wake me out of it by manually using your fingers to open my eyes. You can follow that with gel drops and then PM gel.

If my eyes dry out, it takes at least 24 hours to remoisten them. The pain is excruciating. My eyes are the only moving part of my body and that’s whey the care of my eyes is the most important.

No comments: