Friday, October 26, 2007

Peggy's Eyes

Peggy's eyes were really bad yesterday. We could barely spell with her all day. They were off and on the day before and then yesterday they were just awful. Nurse Cathy came by to drop off supplies (drain sponges/gauze - by the way, please be sure not to use the trach gauze on the g-tube since the trach ones cost significantly MORE - thanks!). Cathy was worried about Peggy's eyes so she had Dr. Davis do a video visit.

Peggy was semi-responsive in the video visit, she was at least able to communicate with Dr. Davis. Peggy also just seemed VERY tired. She seemed to be drifting in and out of sleep throughout the day - not sure if she was sleeping or just resting her eyes. Dr. Davis didn't say much, but at least he is in the loop.

I think mostly Peggy just was having a down day since she's been going going going. She may also have had a bit more oxydose than usual which could have led to her drowsiness. It was not clear if HCA had given oxydose, so Peggy just told us to give her another dose which is fine for Peggy, but does tend to make her drowsy. I spoke with Cathy about this and she said that in the future if it is not clear whether HCA has administered oxydose, we can call the office and they will check with their staff and call us back.

This morning I am volunteering at Indy's school for their Halloween celebration. We're dressing up as witches! I'll be sure to take photos. Then I'll be at the house and hopefully I'll have good news to report about Peggy's eyes.

By the way, I found a dead rat in the office yesterday. My super nose detected it. It was underneath the computer desk. Eeeewwww. I made Lolo clean it up! Ha! She says I'm a "wuss" - whatever, so long as I don't have to touch a dead rat :) Thanks Lolo!

No comments: