Saturday, October 20, 2007

In Between Book Signings...

I just got home from the Ward book signing, Peggy is still down there, but I had to get my 2 spastic munchkins down for a nap before taking them to the Windward book signing. We'll be stopping at the VCA Kaneohe animal hospital to pick up Bug's ashes on the way. I have a few quiet moments while they nap, so I thought I'd blog a bit.

Yesterday was a funny day...poor Lehua had one thing after another happen to her on her shift. First the bed deflated and wouldn't re-inflate. It seems as if it may have gotten overheated. Lehua urgently asked Magda to hold Peggy's head so that it wouldn't fall forward while we tried to fix the bed unit. Well, poor Magda - we didn't explain to her what was going on and so she thought it was a medical emergency of some sort - she was holding Peggy's head thinking that some of her medical equipment failed and didn't realize that it was just the bed. She was very relieved when we finally explained what was going on. She even did some praying and reiki energy work on the bed and within 20 minutes it miraculously started working again.

After that, Lehua called me in because the feeding tube popped apart and all the Jevity emptied out onto the floor into a big sticky puddle. We cleaned it up and then it happened again! Peggy said that it has just recently started happening and so we think that we may have gotten a defective batch of bags. I called Apria and they are sending us a new batch on Monday (FYI - we are supposed to give them the defective bags back).

The girls helped me decorate the front room for the princess party - it looks so cute!!! Indy is very excited. Peggy got to get up in the wheelchair yesterday to see what we had done.

Tedi from Joey's Feline Friends came by withe more antibiotics for the cats. They have been doing really well on the meds and haven't had anymore accidents around the house. Yay! Cola, however, is still VERY bald. Tedi gave me some oral flea medication that I gave her yesterday and can give her every few days. We will see if that helps with her scratching and balding. Thanks to all of you for helping with the cat meds.

I'm off now to get ready for the Windward book signing. Shelly wrote the cutest song for Peggy and she surprised her at the book signing today by signing it (with the help of everyone around!).

No comments: