Sunday, August 12, 2007

Dinner at Asia Manoa


I finally have a few minutes to blog since my parents are here at my house helping me with the kids today. Thank you, Mom and Dad! Sawyer has been a total opihi (for you mainland folks, that's a tiny Hawaiian mollusk). He's been so clingy, I think because he has 2 big teeth coming in on the top.

Today, I saw him walk down the hallway on his own - he took about 10 steps - the most he's taken yet! He was bringing me a crayon that he found on the ground and was so excited about it that I think he forgot that he can't walk yet! I said, "you're walking!" and he was so surprised he fell down. We should take bets whether he'll be walking by his birthday...anyone in?

Last night we had a dinner party for Elroy at Asia Manoa. My parents hosted the party. It was so nice to spend time with Elroy's side of the family and some of his classmates. Indy had a blast hanging with her cousins Debi and Abi. Debi and Indy go to school together and have so much fun together.

Hanna and Lolo did a great job of getting Peggy to the party. They worked hard getting all of her Elroy birthday projects done (Peggy's the "Last Minute Queen"). They got her there ON TIME with smiles on their faces. Amazing! We had a great time and the food was awesome. We were laughing, eating, and drinking for hours! Peggy loved it!

After the party, we waited outside for the cab which was late due to some van trouble or something. We had fun listening to Indy go nuts on a "cake high". We left to take the kids home once we knew the cab was on it's way. I'm assuming they were picked up! It was after 9 when we left, so I'm sure it was a long night for all...an extra big thank you to the girls for all their hard work.

And if Peggy, Lolo, and Hanna try to tell you that I mooned them from our car on our way home, don't believe them. Heh heh.

No comments: