Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Wash Your Hands and Get Your Rest

So, Lolo is sick. Rhea is sick. Lisa was sick. Marvel is still sick. Karen got sick twice on her vacation. What the heck is going on?! All I'm going to say is, wash your hands, get your rest, eat your veggies! I'm glad we're giving Peggy's room a good scrubbing tomorrow.

Speaking of cleaning...Karen, Magda, and I did the kitchen yesterday. We cleaned out the entire refrigerator and freezer. I even cleared the counters a bit. Elroy is going to flip out when he comes home and sees that I have dumped all of his rotten food. You all better back me up. I'm going to tell him that I did it to appease the Chinese Kitchen Gods before the New Year so that wealth and good fortune can flow in. We'll see if he buys it.

Ann Weers is here today and she graciously volunteered to take Cola to her vet for a steroid shot for the itching. Poor bald kitty. We'll also bomb the room as planned and continue to treat her for fleas.

Good news - the repairman came yesterday to replace the water heater, so it is all taken care of.

Also, remember in a previous post I mentioned the movie, "Diving Bell & The Butterfly" - it is now playing at Dole Cannery Theater. "Maria Rose" Ching went to see it and said that we should ALL go. She says it is a beautiful film - you'll laugh, you'll cry :)

I have one more thing to share - my Dad is in Chicago getting his 2 year post-cancer check up and he just called to let me know that everything came back clear! He doesn't have to get another check up for 8 months! Hooray!

Hope to see you all tomorrow for all the FUN!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I thought for sure you all were safe from the flu out there in paradise!! I'm home battling it too, Stu recently got over it, and half my office is sick! Well misery loves company anyway, nice to know I'm not alone!
Love,
Leslie