Monday, October 6, 2008

It's Monday! A Fresh New Start....Please????!!!!!

So, here's what has happened since my last post. Elroy fainted outside the house a couple times on Thursday and thankfully our hero of the day, Suzanne Ching, happened to drive by and see him laid out on the sidewalk. Then other neighborhood angels came to help get him upright and then later into the house. We convinced him to get to the hospital.

They kept him for 2 nights, gave him lots of fluids, and sent him home. At first they thought he had pneumonia since he has been fighting a bad cold and has a very tight chest/cough, but now his doctor thinks it was mostly dehydration and possible a low blood pressure episode. He's up and about again and claims he is fine, but still has a constricted sounding cough. We'll be keeping an eye on him for sure.

The cold that he has seems to be the same one that Lolo has. She has been out all week with a terrible cold/respiratory thing. Thankfully Marvel and Kelly have been covering for her (despite the fact that little Pepper is just getting over croup). And Marvel is still trying to get in to see a doctor because she still is feeling some GI distress.

I'm pretty sure that Sawyer had what Marvel had since he was throwing up. Then, on Friday, as I was driving Indy to school she threw up and then continued to throw up all day Friday. Sawyer seemed to get hit by a second wave of it to and also has developed a cough and fever that was going on through yesterday.

I was feeling great until Saturday. Then my energy dropped and I started to feel queasy. I was able to pull myself together to attend the Women of Strength concert honoring Mother Marianne and the Sisters of St. Francis with Peggy, Marvel, Suzanne Ching, and Karen. I'm sooooo glad I was up for it because it was the most beautiful tribute and the video presentation they did of Peggy was amazing! Peggy got a standing ovation that brought us all to tears. Wow!

So then I went home and got hit full on with the GI bug. I had stomach pain and nausea all night and most of yesterday. Then by late afternoon I began to pick up and feel tons better. So then what happens? Eric gets it. Ugh.

So that is where we are at. I'm up early trying to get a few moments to breathe. I know Indy will be able to go to school today, but I'm not sure about Sawyer. If he is up for it, I'm sending him - we are all so stir crazy just lounging around this house. And if they both are at school I may take the day to just clean the house and catch up with laundry (we've had our bed barfed in twice and gone through countless towels).

The great thing is that it is MONDAY! A FRESH START! A brand new day and a brand new week! Things are looking up!!!

No comments: