Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

Hope everyone had a great New Year's. I for one am happy to be through the holidays. I love New Year's - a fresh start! Out with the old and in with the new...And too bad about the Warriors, huh? Ugh. Sort of anti-climatic. Anyways, moving on to a better and brighter New Year with new energy.

We had some scheduling problems on New Year's and Marvel ended up having to stay until midnight. Then Eric (Chun) had to come in from midnight to 7am. We are grateful that Hanna was able to come in early at 7am to relieve him. We had been at a New Year's party when we got the call that there was no one coming in for the overnight shift. Same thing happened last New Year's as well. But as I said, we're leaving all that behind and moving on!

I'm back at work today. Eric has the kids so that I can catch up on some of my work. Indy is still out of school and I have to say that I am enjoying this quiet time to myself getting my work done.

Peggy's health has been good, however I am still getting reports of hallucinations. Her doctor and medical staff are aware of the issue. We're working on trying to figure it out. If you notice Peggy having any hallucinations or odd conversations, please report them to me. It is important that we track it all so that Dr. Davis can get a good understanding of what is going on.

It is no secret that using the spell board is getting more difficult. One of my New Year's goals is to create a new spell board that is bigger so that the distance between the sections is larger. Hopefully, it will help distinguish which block Peggy is looking at.

Anyone else have New Year's goals for us? I'm open to suggestions! I'm thinking of doing another Peg's Legs meeting. I'd love some feedback to see if people think it is time for another one.

Another goal for this year: I plan to form a Friends of Peggy Chun Fundraising Committee. If anyone is interested in being a part of this group, please let me know!

One last note. Please save the date Thursday, January 31 from 5:30pm to 8:00pm. We have arranged for ALS TDI to bring their ALS 101 Seminar here to Hawaii! The seminar will be at Queen's Conference Center. We will be posting and sending out more information on this educational seminar soon. They will be sharing information about the latest ALS research. We urge all of you to attend and to help us spread the word.

That's it for now. Happy 2008 everyone!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Kimi, I agree - let's have another Peg's Legs meeting. It's time to share experiences and face new challenges together.

Maria Rose said...

Me too.I echo Stephanie.
"Imua" in 2008

Peter Richard said...

And HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all. Keep up the great work.

Kimi, sorry I have never looked at this blog before. Blame Kat for my exposure (and all my future comments). You do a remarkable job!!
Love,
U. Peter