Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Catching up...Getting ready for FRIDAY!!!!

Aloha Peg's Legs!!!! I'm sorry that I have been out of touch...all last week I was just not feeling myself...it just got worse and worse until on Sunday I finally went to Urgent Care again where I was diagnosed with strep - AGAIN!!! Relapse - argh!!! So, they gave me a big ol' shot in the rear of Penicillin and now I am on top of the world again! Truly a miracle drug. They seem confident that this will do the trick and I'm eating well and doing all the right things to support my immune system and get me well FOR GOOD!

I've also been having very frustrating email/internet problems at the gallery so I haven't really been able to send email from their or get online very easily...I will spare you the techie details, the short story is that we are close to solving all the problems and should be up and running this week.

So today I am taking a luxurious FULL DAY off from the gallery to work at home, catch up on all my computer work, emailing, etc. Eric took the kids to school for me, so this is a real treat to be able to work uninterrupted at home...yay!

Eric is just about done with the Alika house. He has been working SO hard on this move. He did a couple more runs yesterday and looks like today might be the last day of moving stuff for him...the Seglers have been busy moving their stuff in and Elroy has just about everything moved into his new place.

So the plan for tomorrow is that we will be at the gallery getting it ready for First Friday. So any helper Legs that want to come by - that would be wonderful!!! We definitely need print titlers (you know who you are, Ladies!) and we'll also need help bagging up the prints, cleaning the gallery, decorating, etc.

We are planning on surprising Karen with some festive birthday decor - remember tomorrow is her 50th birthday! She's in Vegas right now at the slots so I'm sure she's not going to be reading this anytime soon! She will be coming in on Thursday to work and so we want to have the gallery looking amazing for her and have some balloons, birthday decor, etc. We will also be having a cake on Friday!

I think it is so special that Karen is hitting a milestone birthday right at the same time that we are having the Grand Opening of the Peggy Chun Gallery. It is so appropriate that we will be celebrating both Karen and the business at the same time. Karen has been at Peggy's side since way before my time - it is her brilliance, crazy robot work ethic, generosity, and true love for Peggy, the business, and our family that has made the company what it is - without Karen, we would not be where we are today.

OK, so back to tomorrow's plan...we will be there from 10am on and just a heads up, KGMB will be coming to get a sneak peak at the Gallery (thanks Lynn Cook!) at 11am. We want all of you to be there because you are all part of the story! Peg's Legs RULE!!!

Tomorrow we can also talk about the plans for First Friday grinds - we will be looking for anyone who might be interested in donating some grub or booze for the night! I will also be sending out more information TODAY about the special private reception & blessing for Peg's Legs from 3pm to 5pm on Friday.

One last note - I got a message from Martha who suggested another parking spot - Kukui Plaza municipal parking lot off Kukui street (behind Pali Longs and Safeway). Thanks Martha!

No comments: