Monday, September 22, 2008

Birthday Week, Baby!

So...I warned Peggy and the girls that I'm planning on goofing off this week as much as possible since it is my birthday week! My actual birthday is Wednesday. In fact, I was born on a Wednesday and according to the words on a porcelain mug my parents have, "Wednesday's child knows no woes." So I'm aiming for a "woe-free" week of fun! :) Today I dropped by the house for a couple hours in the afternoon with Sawyer. We visited with Peg, Marvel, Judy, and Elroy.

Denise the HCA RN came by since Peggy was running a temp today. She had a 101 degree fever this morning, but it was low-grade (99 or below) the rest of the day. Denise took a sputum culture and we should know by tomorrow if there is any infection brewing. People had been noticing a bit of a smell coming from the trach site, but once Misty the HCA night nurse changed the inner cannula, the smell seemed to go away.

No comments: