Sunday, August 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Sawyer!!!


Today is Sawyer's 2nd birthday! Happy Birthday, Buddy! He started preschool last Thursday and he's doing great there! He's starting out with half-days (pick up at noon). Indy is still there for a couple more days until she starts Hanahauoli on Thursday. Today I'm picking them both up at noon and then heading over to Peggy's house so that we can have cupcakes to celebrate Sawyer's big day.
We started the morning out with omelets shaped like "balls" (Sawyer's favorite thing in the world!). Indy was trying to teach him to hold 2 fingers up to show how old he is, but he hasn't quite got the hang of it yet.

I've definitely been burning the candle at both ends and so I'm not surprised that I've got a bit of a cold. But the worst of it seems to be behind me and I'm on the mend. We have had a jam-packed schedule this month - phew!

Thursday's Art for ALS event at the Kim Taylor Reece gallery was great. John Heckathorn wrote up a nice little blurb about it in the Star Bulletin and even included a photo of me, Kim, Wally & Christine Amos! You can see it online - click here What The Heck?

Friday's Art for ALS dinner was so nice. We all had such a wonderful time. Donna Gracon from the ALS Association flew in from California to be a part of the event. She surprised Peggy with an ALSA award honoring Peggy for representing the goal of their organization which is to achieve a world without ALS. Peggy's neurologist, Dr. Kimata, also gave a wonderful speech. Makana sang and showered Peggy with love. The menu, put together by Downtown at HISAM's owner Chef Ed Kenney, was absolutely delicious! All in all is a was a HUGE success and a lovely night out for all of us!

Saturday we celebrated my parents' 40th wedding anniversary! Kat Lee of Petal by Petal created a beautiful handmade cherry blossom arrangement (she hand makes all the flowers with ClayCraft Deco clay). I printed photos of my parents, some from 40 years ago and some from the present, and hung them all over the arrangement. It was a big hit!



Yesterday we had a pool party in the middle of the day and then our Hanahauoli New Parents Meeting and Tea in the afternoon. We are so excited to become a part of the Hanahauoli family. I can't wait experience Hanahauoli all over again - this time as a mother! It will be so fun to watch Indy as she creates her own memories there.

My time is ticking. I have to get ready to go pick up the kids. Those few hours sure go fast! I think we'll be transitioning Sawyer to longer days sooner than later! Hopefully he'll be like Indy...after a few weeks of half-days at preschool she said to me, "Mommy, I want to stay and nap with my friends." No problem, Honey!

By the way, they have finished pouring the slab foundation for our deck. Check out this photo of the new slab. You'll see that Indy and Maka are already enjoying the extra living space.

No comments: