Monday, March 12, 2007

Ear Doc Appt. Canceled and More Eye Stuff

Peggy is not feeling well today and neither is Marvel who has laryngitis (but is still on shift with a mask). Therefore, Peggy has decided to reschedule her ear doctor appointment for another day. Peggy is complaining of a "sore throat due to trach pain" according to Helena.

Peggy's eyes have been giving her trouble over the past few days. She was up in the chair on Friday and they were really bothering her. I brought Indy by to play in the afternoon and they were bothering her then. We stopped by Saturday morning around 11:30 and they were still bothering her. Very red and irritated.

Yesterday, Peggy wrote up a few more tips about her eyes with Marvel. Here is what she spelled out (I think this is mostly pertaining to nightshift, but this could also apply to naps):

"Start with PM Gel at night. Cover eyes with PM by blinking upward with lower lids. If you need to close top lid, use a Q-tip (gently place the Q-tip on top lid and slowly bring it down with Q-tip to close). If you see tears coming from my eyes at night, please wake me up because it probably means that my eyes are burning. If this happens, please apply an amount of TobraDex and then blink the bottom lid upward to spread over eyes. Even if I can't open my eyes, apply anyway because of the pain. The pain causes me to salivate more so I may need yankauring more often. The drool tends to soak the trach dressing, so it may need to be changed."

That's all I have right now. I did however, forget to mention that last week Wednesday Ty brought the talented musician Makana to Peggy's house during her shift. Peggy was up in the chair and since it was a beautiful evening, she was able to go outside. Makana serenaded her under the clear Nuuanu night sky. Peggy was in heaven!

No comments: