Saturday, May 2, 2009

Vi's Share the Care Group

Aloha Legs! How are you all doing? We had a great First Friday last night...my feet still ache!

I wanted to let you all know that I am currently helping Vi Jones-Medusky and family set up a Share the Care group. We are having our first meeting on Sunday, May 17 from 1:30 to 4ish at their house on Tanatalus.

Vi is wheelchair bound, her arms are weakened, but she is not on ventilator. She needs basic assistance with toileting, eating, etc. They have asked that I let our Peg's Legs know in hopes that some of you might be interested in helping Vi and her family as they face the challenges that Peggy and all of us did.

I hope you can at least join us for the first meeting to see if this might be a fit for you. If nothing else, having some seasoned caregivers that have been through it all would be of GREAT BENEFIT to this meeting. Remember how we all felt in the beginning...how overwhelming it was to be in uncharted territory. This is a chance for us to teach them how they make "Share the Care" work and teach them what an amazing experience it will be.

I have created a blog for Vi and have posted the invitation there along with directions, parking info, etc. Her group will be called "Violet's Web" - how cute is that?!

PLEASE RSVP to me to let me know if you can attend. Let's help support another developing group, Peg's Legs! You are, after all, the EXPERTS!!!

www.violetsweb.blogspot.com

No comments: